AUSTIN, Texas – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) –WP engine, the world’s most trusted WordPress technology company, today announced the launch of Atlas Content Modeler (ACM), a free WordPress plugin for creating custom post types and fields for headless WordPress sites. ACM integrates seamlessly with WPGraphQL, replacing the need for three separate plugins required to create content templates for headless sites.
“Creating custom content templates is one of the first things you need to do in any digital transformation project because it is the link between the marketers who create and manage the content and the website developers who consume this content, ”said Jason Cohen, Founder and Chief Executive Officer. Technical manager at WP Engine. “It shouldn’t be hard to do! This is why we have developed the Atlas Content Modeler. We want to simplify and speed up the development of WordPress by providing developers with a beautifully designed, intuitive tool that supports their content modeling needs in a single open source plugin.
An all-in-one solution
Custom content modeling is a critical task for every corporate WordPress project, but WordPress doesn’t have this feature as part of its content management system (CMS), which is a frustrating developer experience. Additionally, custom content modeling today requires multiple WordPress plugins, and headless content modeling for WordPress often involves using an extension to WPGraphQL, resulting in a confusing and error-prone development process. There’s also the added frustration that content modeling plugins for WordPress aren’t as well-designed or as user-friendly as native modeling tools for headless CMS.
Benefits of Atlas Content Modeler
ACM makes creating custom content templates effortless and enjoyable in the following ways:
- 3 tools in 1 – Create custom post types and fields in WordPress and integrate with WPGraphQL for headless projects in one package. ACM standardizes a development team’s toolset into a plugin for content modeling.
- Easy to use – Design matters. There is no reason for a development tool to be poorly designed or difficult to use. The plugin is intuitive enough to use straight away, and WP Engine provides documentation for the more advanced features.
- Advanced fields, default – ACM allows developers to go beyond simple text fields. Developers can create schemas that include Rich Text, Media, Numbers, Dates, Boolean, and Relationship data fields.
- Define relationships between content models – ACM provides the ability to define relationships between content models, which adds both structure and meaning to the content. With ACM, developers or content editors can also connect individual inputs to each other.
- Create custom taxonomies – With ACM, developers can define taxonomies that help their content producers organize their content flexibly.
- Easy to use editor experience – ACM automatically creates edit screens that allow content producers to immediately start posting structured content.
Headless WordPress Toolset
ACM joins WPGraphQL, a free and open source WordPress plugin that provides an extensible GraphQL schema and API for any WordPress site and Faust.js, the open source front-end framework for building headless WordPress sites as a member of WP Engine’s WordPress headless toolset. While Faust allows you to query WordPress content without writing GraphQL queries, ACM exposes this data via WPGraphQL by default, with no plug-ins or additional configuration steps. When used together, the development experience is not only easier than other ways to build headless sites, but also easier than building the same templates and templates with regular WordPress.
For more information on Atlas Content Modeler, click here.
Fuel the freedom to create with WP Engine
WP Engine offers the freedom to create on WordPress. The company’s products, the fastest among all WordPress vendors, power 1.5 million digital experiences. More of the top 200,000 sites in the world use WP Engine to power their digital experiences than anyone else in WordPress.
About the WP engine
WP engine, the WordPress technology company, provides the most trusted, trusted brands and developer-centric WordPress products for businesses and agencies of all sizes, including managed WordPress hosting, Corporate WordPress, WordPress headless, Flying, Local and Genesis. WP Engine’s technological innovation and award-winning WordPress experts help power over 1.5 million sites in 150 countries.