Capital One Financial Corporation. announced the launch of Capital One Software. This is the first entry into the B2B enterprise software space for the financial giant. They will focus on cloud and data management solutions for companies operating in the cloud, according to company officials.
The first product: Capital One Slingshot, a data management solution that focuses on customers of data cloud company Snowflake. Capital One officials said it will accelerate adoption of Snowflake Data Cloud, manage cloud costs and automate critical governance processes.
“As one of the first large companies to embark on the public cloud, Capital One has been a pioneer in the adoption of modern data and cloud capabilities,” said Ravi Raghu, executive vice president and head of Capital One Software, in a press release. “We have solved the technology challenges facing America’s largest enterprises and increased our speed and agility in delivering breakthrough products and experiences to customers. We recognize that many other enterprises face similar needs in data management as they accelerate their cloud and data journeys, so bringing some of the tools we’ve built and scaled to market as enterprise B2B software solutions is a natural evolution. for us. “
Capital One used Snowflake and realized other companies could benefit from it. Company officials promise that Slingshot helps companies:
- Manage costs with smart cost savings recommendations and dashboards to monitor warehouse performance
- Gain insight and visibility into significant changes in Snowflake cost and usage through proactive alerts
- Federate warehouse administration to lines of business to eliminate bottlenecks and scale without skyrocketing cloud spend
- Automate governance using custom workflows, dynamic warehouse provisioning, and self-service features
“Over the past five years, we’ve seen firsthand how Capital One has been able to leverage the Snowflake Data Cloud and deliver exceptional value to its customers,” Christian Kleinerman, senior vice president of product at Snowflake, said in a press release. “With Capital One’s new Slingshot solution, joint customers will be able to benefit from its predictability, forecasting and cost optimization, allowing them to expand their use of Snowflake with confidence.”
In other customer experience and digital marketing software news…
WP Engine acquires tools from Delicious Brains
WP Engine, a WordPress technology company, has announced that it will acquire five developer-centric tools to Delicious Brains WordPress. The plugins have a total installed base of around 4 million users, according to company officials. The acquired software includes Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), WP Migrate, WP Offload Media, WP Offload SES and Better Search Replace.
The following plugins are now joining WP engineThe existing toolset of for the modern WordPress developer:
- Advanced custom fields: Developers create complete CMS solutions with WordPress.
- WP Migrate (formerly WP Migrate DB Pro): A developer workflow tool to push/pull database, media, themes and plugins between WordPress installations.
- WP Offload Media: Copies media files to cloud storage, e.g. Amazon S3, DigitalOcean Spaces or Google Cloud Storage, rewrites URLs and serves media from storage provider or CDN.
- Best Search Replace: Migration solution that performs a search/replace on the database when migrating a WordPress site.
- WP Offload SES: Configures the WordPress site to send all emails through an Amazon SES account.
“ACF, WP Migrate and all of these plugins are tools that the modern WordPress developer can’t live without,” said Heather Brunner, president and CEO of WP Engine, in a press release. “In combination with Local and our Genesis Framework, we continue to innovate and invest in our portfolio of essential build tools so that they are not only used by developers to build WordPress sites today, but continue to be the preferred way to build for the next decade. We want to be the WordPress developer champion and make WP Engine their platform of choice for their most important digital experiences.
Related Article: Google Launches Marketing Updates, Amplitude Launches CDP, More News
Airship acquires Gummicube
Airship has acquired Gummicube, an App Store Optimization (ASO) company. This will power mobile application experience management by integrating Gummicube’s ASO technology with Airship’s Application Experience Platform (AXP).
According to Brett Caine, CEO of Airship, Gummicube’s innovative capabilities accelerate user growth and reduce acquisition costs by increasing app visibility and app install conversion rates in global app stores.
“In fact,” Caine wrote in a blog post, “nearly every app Gummicube has engaged with performed 2-3x better than previously ‘fully optimized’ landing pages that were driven by competing ASO tools. Enterprise clients have validated these impressive results by helping Gummicube nearly double its revenue year-over-year and implement its plans to nearly double its headcount of 80 ASO experts this year.”
Airship’s app experience platform includes customer journey orchestration, no-code native app experience creation, and UX app experimentation.
Gummicube employees joined Airship, with co-founders Dave Bell and Anh Nguyen becoming vice presidents and co-general managers of the Gummicube business unit at airship.
Khoros announced as TikTok marketing partner
Khoros, which provides digital-first customer engagement software and services, announced that it is now a badged partner to integrate with the Content Marketing specialty which is part of the TikTok Marketing Partner Program. This is a new specialty that includes new TikTok API integrations.
“It’s more important than ever for marketers to create content that feels native to every channel – TikTok is no exception,” Jack Blaha, CEO of Khoros, said in a press release. “As one of the fastest growing channels, TikTok is becoming an integral part of marketers’ digital strategy, which is why becoming an official partner was an easy decision. We are excited to expand the range of channels supported by our Khoros platform to include TikTok, so our clients can get a holistic view of their campaigns and build authentic connections across all channels.
- TikTok posts: Schedule and post TikTok content.
- TikTok Analytics: Track brand-owned TikTok handles, analytics, and performance, and create reports across all channels and campaigns.
- Comment monitoring and moderation: View, monitor, and respond to comments on brand-owned TikTok content.
Related Article: Retention Cloud Provider CleverTap Acquires Leanplum
TikTok and Sprinklr expand their partnership
Speaking of TikTok…
Sprinklr, a unified customer experience management platform, also announced an expanded partnership with TikTok as an official partner of its new specialty TikTok Content Marketing.
Previously, brands managed content natively on TikTok. With this integration, Sprinklr customers will be able to:
- Manage: Organize, schedule and publish content on TikTok
- To understand: Access and track customer profile and real-time video metrics for organic and paid content
- Answer: Monitor and interact with comments to connect and grow with the TikTok community
“The ability to manage content on TikTok has been one of the most requested features by Sprinklr customers, and we’re excited to expand our partnership with TikTok by expanding our strong advertising capabilities with additional content marketing support. “, Jim Tomanchek, VP, Global Strategic Alliances for Messaging and Social Channels at Water, said in a press release. “As we continue to improve Sprinklr’s platform, we’re still focused on strengthening our partnerships to help brands deliver human experiences by engaging with customers on the channels they choose.”